Saturday, November 05, 2005

the evil of procrastination and the beauty of nature

I guess if we could all get over procrastination we would all just be too good to be true :)
But since this does not look as a viable option, I ended up with major procrastination and some work done for today. Just the usual.

But the real catch of the day was a little walk to the grocery store. It just made me think how the fall in DC area is just as beautiful as I was told it would be. 24C, all around green like summer in Estonia and walking around in T-shirt on November 5th seems too good to be true. But there I was, and the sun was so nice. So I couldn't help but come back to my theory that people up north work more simply because they do not have all this pleasant weather that makes you want to just sit down in some park and chill out. So they just work their asses off to get big bucks and fly somewhere warm. But its never the same, now is it.

This, of course, does not mean that I don not like the nature back home. Nothing compares to a truely crispy white Christmas, which I will most probably not see around here. So home is still home.

And the other thing I so much love here are all these squirrels. I know that the red ones back home look so much better, but then again, as Raiko said, you also almost never see them. The ones here are the grey ones. Not as pretty, but just as vigorous and cute with all this energy to run around :) And then there's a black one in our yard, and I've never heard of those, but apparently they exist, at least one.

No comments: