Monday, June 30, 2008

mourning Estonian newspapers :(

And now they spoiled the last online daily in Estonia ....

It was in early 2007 or late 2006 when they made a photostore out of my previous favorite Estonian daily Postimees. By doing so, they decided against easy access to real news and glossed out all the crappy news. That time around I actually bothered myself and wrote them an email informing that their website is so crap now that I am switching my preferences for good - to another major daily Eesti Päevaleht.

Yet today morning I had to think twice whether I accidentally clicked a wrong website or something, because from today on Eesti Päevaleht website looks more or less exactly like that of Postimees. So here goes the last readable online daily in Estonia. This time I will most likely not even bother to write them an email, and simply have to switch reading international news only or check out maybe some news services have decent online editions.

And this is all sad - it is not like Estonian newspapers had superb quality anyways. Now they have gone and spoiled the visual experience too.

No comments: