Thursday, April 19, 2007

missing office life

Albeit I love the long mornings and the freedom of studying/working at home, I still miss having an actual office to work at - the need to wake up early and be productive in the mornings, get a good start to the day and lots of work done - so you can feel good about going out at 9pm to grab a drink with friends before you head home and plunge into the bed only to get up at 7am again.

Freedom is good, but requires way more self-discipline. I get my work done, but usually at the expense of staying home in the evenings and weekends to get the work done that would have been finished had I not taken longs showers in the mornings and spent two hours reading news. School can be chill, but it also tends to work in waves of very intense effort. And like all my friends in gradschool say .... we want our weekends back!!!

Well, I think I needed to write this down here, so that when I start my job in a month and a half and want my lazy mornings back I will have a reminder of why it is good to start work bright and early :D

No comments: