Thursday, February 02, 2006

Czech mate - me not tough enough for this kind of business

Well, gotta say, I learned a lot about the world of tough business today. And I am growing worried that I would never become a successful businesswoman even if I wanted to. It is just not my first assumption that people are evil and greedy by nature, even though I have heard of the cases and even encountered a few of them.

The case that brought me down so bad tonight in our International Business Strategy class was the famous Czech Mate between CME and the notorious Mr Zelezny. But I guess this shook my perception of people enough that I will only need a few more cases to be ready for the tough business world. And at the end of the day you still reach the conclusion that it is all the fault of the government that is not able to establish good legislation and curb the greedy and evil human nature. I guess its the good thing then that CME got back at the Czech thanks to the Bilateral Investment Treaty. Ehh, so the world is tough, but on some rare good occasions, still fair as well.

Well, now that I am much wiser and tired as hell from the long day, there's a few more emails waiting to be written and a nice long-distance conversation to be held :D

To all you back home and in the Northern part of Eurasia I hope the coming cold will not be too bad!

1 comment:

*uri said...

As if the politics and public sector were much friendlier and considering. At least in business you can undrestand the underlying motivating factors so there is a certain rationale in there.